Monday, January 30, 2012

Is it likely that I'll get a job?

I'm 14 years old and I really want a job. Stop %26amp; Shop, Wal*Mart, Papa Gino's, Walgreens, Dunkin Donuts, Domino's, Sally's Beauty Supply, a local pizza place, and other small stores are within 5 minutes of my house walking.

I get A's in school and I think I'm definitely responsible enough for a job. But I know that not many places hire kids my age.



I feel like I can't wait until I'm 16 though--my mom's going back to school in August 09 and tuition is $14,000, so money's going to be tight.



Soo...does anybody think I could have a chance? Also, do you know any chain stores (Stop %26amp;Shop, Wal*Mart, etc.) that hire kids my age?



Thank you in advance!Is it likely that I'll get a job?
I know it doesn't sound as fun but seriously see if someone has kids you can babysit. I used to make bank watchin my mamas friends kids on the weekends, I way wish I could be a nanny or something(but I refuse to drive so that wouldn't really work.) Or like someone else said try pizza places. I had friends in middle school workin at little restaurants.Is it likely that I'll get a job?
Don't you need to be 15 with your parents permission or something like that?Is it likely that I'll get a job?
When hiring teenagers, employers are reluctant to hire them. If you can convince the employer demonstrate that you are able to perform well, you may have a slight chance, but keep in mind that they will give priority to people who have experience. Working at a local pizza place or small service place is your best bet than big chain business'. Good luck.Is it likely that I'll get a job?
You're too young to get a job at those places. The economy is pretty difficult right now. Even if they did have an opening you're competing with many, many adults who have a lot more experience than you do. Your best bet is to do odd jobs for your friends or neighbors like babysitting and walking the dog etc.
At that age we all got jobs because we had friend/s already working in the chain stores and when I was going for jobs I would say that I know them, or the employer would ask them about other high school friends they know that they would recommend. So knowing someone who is a good employee there helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment