Monday, January 30, 2012

What is different about the 1987 suzuki samurai 'special edition'?

I acquired a sami not too long ago, and it holds the special edition decals. A few of my buddies have them as well,but other models. I've looked all over the internet searching, forums,spec pages ect..and still have no idea why it's the special edition. My friends JX edition is the same everything. The only thing i can think of would be the shocks,but then again I don't know. ThxWhat is different about the 1987 suzuki samurai 'special edition'?
I used to have an '87 JX soft top so I remember the Special Edition was a JX model with different decals, special wheelsand it also had a split fold down rear seats. I think it had chrome bumpers too but other than some cosmetic changes, they were the same. The JX is the top level one that was equipped with: sport seats with see thru headrest, tachometer, digital clock, special pattern on the upholstery and the stereo mount under the dash. I even had the optional factory A/C in mine that really freeze you out. These trucks are slow but they are incredible offroad in stock form- which is why so many people modify them even further. Reliability is a non issue because these trucks are super reliable when they are taken care of. I used to have a customer that had over 350,000 miles on his '86 Samurai with the original engine and tranny.What is different about the 1987 suzuki samurai 'special edition'?
In the 1980s car makers start using "SPECIAL EDITION" as a minor addition they have. It could be chrome on the bumper or carpet kit or power steering. These are marketing strategy over other company.

No comments:

Post a Comment