Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I travel with a snake on a plane?

Hey, I'm a college student with a pet corn snake, he's only little over a foot long. My college is about 6 hours away from home so I usually fly. I can't leave my snake here with anyone over breaks so I was wondering if anyone had any experience or ideas on traveling on a plane with a snake. I am flying Delta and JetBlue. Would it be ok for him to fly? Do you think there would be an extra fee, like if I were to bring a dog on board?

He's small enough I can put his carrier in my carry-on..



That stupid movie is probably going to make this a bit hard, huh?



thanks!How do I travel with a snake on a plane?Air cargo costs too much. Ship him to yourself in a medium sized box, in a bag, and fill the box with crumpled newspaper. Overnight, Fedex. Theres enough air in the box, you dont need holes. You dont need a breeder to ship it for you. As long as its non venomous, which it is, Fedex has no regulations against it. The USPS DOES, however. Never try to ship one in the mail. Big, big trouble.How do I travel with a snake on a plane?
http://movienow.biz/details/mo鈥?/a>

Report Abuse

How do I travel with a snake on a plane?... You can't bring a mother****ing snake on a mother****ing

plane.



I had to say that, haha.



In all seriousness, 99% it'd have to be shipped as Cargo.How do I travel with a snake on a plane?
With most airlines, reptiles must be shipped as cargo. I would contact your carrier and ask - there will probably be an additional fee.



It's that or stick him in a pillowcase under your shirt and hope nobody notices!!!



BTW - that guy above me copied my "ship as cargo" statement after I posted. I hate people who cheat like that.How do I travel with a snake on a plane?You will have to check your air carrier. I've heard that in many cases they will not let reptiles into their cargo area.



A friend of mine wanted to take her leopard gecko with her, but they told her no.



There is a lot of extras that go about putting a reptile on a plane, and in many cases the airlines do not want to deal with it. Try shipping it via FedEx or UPS. Find a breeder to ship it for you. They can ship via overnight and receive it by 10:30 the following morning. This is the best bet.



Here are a few other suggestions:

http://hubpages.com/_2eak79825f5lz/hub/M鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment